The following Active-X control may need activation by clicking on it, depending on the level of security set in your browser.
- Distance from the monitor should be 20"
- The accuracy of this test is subject to variables, screen size and resolution, brightness and ambient lighting
- Use the "+" key to increase letter size ("-" to reduce). If the keys don't change type size, click on the flash movie to activate it
- Acuity (or visual acuity) is mentioned at the top of the test area in terms of 6/6 or 20/20 etc. Corresponds to the size of the letters you just manage to read
- It is preferable to go up from smallest font size to larger size